|515 S Barstow St.
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
|Call: 715-855-7705 for more information!|
|Pro-Active Recovery Group|
|Every Wednesday from 4-5pm is our Procovery meeting. And from 3-4pm on Wednesday is Creative Arts. Everyone is welcome!|
|Every Thursday from 1:30 to 3:00pm there is a general support group that meets. Everyone is welcome to join us!|
|Depression and Anxiety|
|Depression and Aniexty meeting group Mondays from 4-5:30pm.|
|Every third Tuesday of the month is our Board Meeting from 4-6pm.|
|Not available at this time.|
|The SMART Recovery Program focuses on four main areas. The first area is enhancing and maintaining motivation to abstain from addictive behavior. The second is learning how to cope with urges and cravings. The third is learning rational ways to manage one?s thoughts, feelings, and behaviors, and the fourth is learning how to balance short-term pleasures and satisfactions in life.|
|Schizophrenia Support Group|
|Every Tuesday from 3:30 to 5:00. Group does not meet on the 3rd Tuesday of the month.|
|Offers emotional support and offers the opportunity to find recovery and manage symptoms to lead a more fulfilling life.|
|Christmas Bake Sale|
|12/16/16 from 12 to 6 PM|
|Christmas cookies for sale|
|12/28/16 from 2 to 4 PM|
|Training will take place at the new location!|
- Participate in fund raising events
- Share your experiences
- Be a friend and mentor
- Be on the board and help make decisions
- Give back to the community by helping other people with mental illness
- Volunteer at the office
- Help write newsletters
What is the Wellness Shack?
The Wellness Shack, Inc. is a consumer-run, non-profit organization serving as Eau Claire's Center for Adults in Mental Health Recovery. It is run by the very members who comprise it, offering the chance for recovery, solace, and peace of mind by supporting, encouraging, and working with others who share similar conditions. We offer peer support; we are not professional counselors.
Our Mission is to help adults, inclusive of all diversities, with mental illness in the Eau Claire by providing a safe place for them to find peer support, socialization, recreation. Through community outreach, education, and advocacy, adults living with mental illness will improve understanding of mental health awareness to promote individual.
What is Mental Illness?
Mental illness can affect anyone: a parent, a teacher, a business executive, or you. The disorders of mental illness may include depression, schizophrenia, bi-polar disorders, eating disorders, attention/hyperactivity disorders, and anxiety disorders. Mental disorders are biologically based brain disorders; they are not due to personal weakness or poor upbringing.
Mental disorders are common in the United States. Roughly 1 in 4 Americans aged 18 and older suffer from a mental illness(26.2%)
What services are available?
- Talk with other people with challenges like yours
- Peer led groups of people sharing their strength and hope
- 1 on 1 support from WI Certified Peer Specialists
- Statewide conferences, seminars and trainings
- Educational Support: Pro-active Self-Care Planning, New coping skills and strategies, Advocacy for self and others, Insight from Local Professionals
- Vocational assistance and job seeking help
- Self-help Resources: Mental Health Recovery books and DVD's, Resource library, Credible internet resources
- Fun social activities, field trips and outings
And most of this is free! Donations are appreciated.